Location: Leysin Campus or Online or Blended Learning at teachers location.
Duration: 2 to 32 weeks
English Level: Beginner to Advance / All subjects in English
Number of hours per week: 15, 25, 30
Price per teacher:
This program is about 21st Century Modern Pedagogy, linking academic learning to real-world problems, thereby achieving a process called "Deeper Learning" and "Blended Learning". It is designed for non-US & UK teachers to gain an overview of the American K-12 and British GCSE and University Pathway education system including STEM and Project Based Learning teaching and some important pedagogies that are gaining traction as more effective ways to allow and encourage teachers to take ownership of their own learning.
At the end of the course:
Teachers will be able to demonstrate:
- A systematic, in-depth understanding of the development, issues and influences relevant to teaching subject in English.
- A high level of theoretical and applied knowledge of the managing classes in English, organisation and provision of 21st Century modern pedagogy.
- Understanding of the research process in English.
Teachers will have the ability to:
- Independently and critically evaluate approaches and techniques relevant to teaching subjects in English
- Demonstrate high level learning and problem-solving abilities.
Teachers will be able to:
- Analyse and synthesise issues related to teaching subjects in English. Other developing skills include communication and presentation skills, computing skills, critical reasoning, data analysis, organizing and planning, report and essay writing skills, problem solving skills, interactive and group working skills, and research skills.
- Evaluate the ethical dilemmas likely to arise in research and professional practice, and to formulate solutions in dialogue with students, parents, colleagues, administration and others.